It’s exciting that the world of food is enhancing . Giving a twist to authentic dish becomes innovative , similarly giving twist to an innovative dish becomes contemporary , but authentic dish remains authentic . So here i am presenting in front of you a very popular Kashmiri Rogan Josh.
‘If there is Heaven in this world then its, only here! here! here! this dish is divine to devourer ..trust me !!! watch , look , cook and follow #flavoursque .
- Mustard oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Young goat meat – one leg cut into pieces
- Cloves – 2 gm
- Green cardamom – 4 gm
- Mace – 1 blade
- Dried bay leaf – 1 nos
- Big cardamom – 10 gm
- Kashmiri onion / pran – 1 cup
- Tomatoes – 2 big
- Asafoetida – 1 tbsp
- Ginger – garlic paste – 100ml
- Deghi mirch – 3 tbsp
- Kashmiri turmeric powder – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Ratan jot – 1 clove
- Saffron – 5 gm
- Fennel powder – 1 tbsp
- Ginger powder – 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves
- Heat up a pan with mustard oil until smoking hot (Since mustard oil is little bit bitter you need to add 2 tbsp of water to cool it down and remove the bitterness).
- It’s time to add the pieces of lamb and sear it .
- until then make a packet of whole spices – Cloves, Green cardamom,Dried bay leaf,Big cardamom and bind it tightly tied in muslin cloth. keep it aside.
- Keep searing the lamb . Now add pran / kashmiri onion ( deep fried until golden brown).
- Cook for few minutes . Now add asafoetida and ginger-garlic paste and saute it.
- Transfer it to a mutton stock / put hot water into it .
- Now add Deghi mirch(red chilli powder for colour ) , Kashmiri turmeric powder and salt to taste .
- It’s time to add the whole spice tied together in muslin cloth .
- Now make a puree of tomatoes (blanched and deseeded)
- now add the ratan jot(small bark of a tree which gives amazing red color when comes in contact with hot oil or water ) into it.
- let it cook for 1 to 1.5 hrs until it’s fully cooked
All the magical ingredients have gone into it .Now just wait for the finishing touch .
Finish it with some ginger powder , fennel powder , bit of saffron and chopped coriander it’s done
. serve hot .enjoy this authentic dish and get to experience its divine flavour